Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Second Pass and Exhibition

Maybe this one is over the top. This morning while looking at Pat's garden, I thought of a garden long ago. When I was a kid, my neighbor behind our house had a labyrinthine garden, with nooks and crannies, cool shadowy areas under fruit trees, wet pavements, exotic plants and vegetables. I was always thrilled when I was invited to look or help. Her name was Sofie. She was a wise woman.

I almost forgot. The Bartges book focuses upon using a color chart to consider the six color schemes when composing a picture, or rescuing one: monochromatic, analogous, complementary, split complementary, triadic and tetradic. More later.

Also, I am participating in an exhibition called "common places" at studio21south in North Adams, MA., which opens this weekend. Here's the link: http://studio21south.blogspot.com/p/common-places.html

No comments: