Sunday, September 5, 2010

Variable





It's been a variable weekend. I did a couple drawings, and three oils, and finally made it to the splendid view in North Pownal/South Bennington, but the weather has not cooperated. One more day tomorrow to hope for less wind and fewer clouds. The bottom bw shows Luce Road, the next two are the top of Stratton where the road comes to the top and bends sharply and down right. The top two are of the view, which is in the midst of an apple orchard. The trees are bulging with apples, like grapes on a vine. I brought an apple of my own to eat, but decided against it. Somebody would think I had stolen it.

3 comments:

Bridget Hunter said...

These paintings are lovely - you have a great ability with greens which I think are very difficult.

Donna T said...

Beautiful work, Bob, as always. I really like the touches of sky color on the road in the top two paintings.

Bob Lafond said...

Donna, Thank you. I haven't done this site justice yet.