Monday, November 14, 2011

Two Corn Fields and a Mountain Lion


This weekend I wandered around the corn fields. One day I wore my boots, and it was a good thing since my sneakers would not have survived the mud and water. Of course, I knew it would be wet where I was going. I visited the abandoned barn again, which is surrounded by corn fields. I saw some big footprints in the mud, like from a large dog, but it wasn't a dog. The prints were in the vicinity of a lot of deer tracks. Strange that I have never seen a deer in that area, though I see deer almost daily in New Jersey.

The next day I met up with the farmer, and asked him about the barn. He told me many things, one of which is that a mountain lion has been seen around the barn, supposedly lives in the barn. Hmm... That might explain why sometimes I feel that I am being observed, not to mention the footprints.

The two paintings above are 9x12 oils.

2 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Both paintings are good, but the first one is outstanding (in its field). Careful of the lion, so he doesn't get a drop on you!

Bob Lafond said...

Sam, Thanks. I only tell the truth. I'm not lion.