Friday, July 17, 2015

Pond and Brushes


After completing this painting I realized how similar in composition it is to the painting I posted earlier today.  I completed the other in the morning and this one in the afternoon of the same day, yesterday.  The main exception is that that the water doesn't move much at the second location or this painting.  It's a view of the most accessible corner of the pond at Field Farm.  I was there again this morning, and everything is different in the morning; most importantly, the sky reflects differently.  Little blue, because the sun is in front instead of behind.

I mentioned the other day that David Curtis thinks a worn brush helps plein air painting.  Gruppe writes that if you really look, you can paint with a stick.  I think that new and good brushes work best.

No comments: