Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Whitewashed


Yesterday was another gorgeous day at the end of the dirt road.  I was attracted to how flat the whitewashed side of the old farm house appeared in the sunlight.  I got far enough away from the building to have the mountain in the background frame the roof.  An aspect of painting landscapes at this time of the year is dealing with grassy surfaces that are in the process of changing over from brown to green.  Because of where I was set up, there was a lot of grassy area to deal with.

The peculiar thing about this 19th century building is that it has a relatively new roof.  I learned yesterday (from the man who put on the roof, of all people, who I encountered at the old farm) that it was to preserve the building until the owners could decide what to do with it.  This painting is a 12x16 oil on panel.

No comments: